How to Install BitTorrent Sync on Vultr Ubuntu 14.04 Instance
This article will guide you through the install and setup process for launching a BitTorrent Sync Client/Server on a high performance SSD VPS at Vultr.
- Putty SSH Client
- >=768MBRAM VPS Server With CentOS 6 x64 Installed.
Install BitTorrent Sync
Login To Your New Ubuntu 14.04 VPS Server at Vultr via SSH and run the following commands
apt-get -y install python-software-properties add-apt-repository ppa:tuxpoldo/btsync apt-get update apt-get -y install btsync
Steps for Install Menu:
- select “btsync” user from the menu
- select “default” for the sync daemon group
- set niceness to 0
- Unless you have additional IP’s on your instance it’s ok to hit enter to “0.0.0.0”
- Set the port to listen on (Default: 8888)
- Should BitTorrent Sync only allow SSL? <No> is ok here.
Make the directory(ies) to store your sync’d files
We will use “/btsync” for this example.
mkdir /btsync #set ownership to btsync user chown btsync /btsync
You are now ready to start using BitTorrent Sync!
Access the control panel via http://(server ip address):8888
- Secure Password Generator – Use this to help generate a secure pass
- Official BitTorrent Sync
Want to contribute?
You could earn up to $300 by adding new articles
Suggest an update
Request an article