Unlike other control panels, HocVPS Script does not use any server resources (CPU, RAM) and can not make security mistakes for hackers to exploit so you can safely use.
In addition, the webserver will automatically optimize the configuration to ensure the best performance, security. Even those new to VPS can manage VPS through a simple command line menu, called by command
How to install Hocvps script on VPS?
HocVPS Script will automatically install:
- Nginx latest webserver.
- Database latest version of MySQL 10.0 (that is, MySQL is optimized).
- PHP latest version options: PHP 7.1, PHP 7.0, PHP 5.6; comes with Zend OPCache.
- Latest phpMyAdmin.
- The latest eXtplorer for managing File Manager, can create user, separate permissions.
- Installation information is simple, just select the PHP version, the main domain and admin port is enough.
- Using Nginx repo instead of compile from source as other scripts makes installing Nginx faster, later upgrading is also a lot easier.
- Replace MySQL with the current trend (this is an improved version of MySQL, which works similarly but for higher performance than MySQL, and the latest version of CentOS 7 officially supports MariaDB).
- Compatible with both CentOS 6 and 7, both 32bit and 64bit.
- Optional use of PHP version 7.1 (latest), PHP 7.0, PHP 5.6 installation.
- File Manager eXtplorer is available directly from the web.
- Automatically installs the Zend Opcache module and can monitor status on the web.
- Accessible to both www and non-www domains, auto redirect helps you.
- Automatic update for Nginx, PHP, MariaDB.
- Monitor server status on the web, can use mobile access anywhere.
- Change the default SSH port from 22 to 2222 with SSH Brute Force Attack, with Fail2ban block IP immediately if the wrong login is detected 3 times (both SSH and HocVPS Script Admin).
- All management information will be stored in text file at /root/hocvps-script.txt
- Refer to the new Changelog feature.
- RAM: 512MB minimum
- You should create a swap before installing (if using an SSD or RAID10 drive).
Before proceeding with the installation, you need to take some basic knowledge in the Getting Started section, mainly using the ZOC SSH connection terminal.
1. Install HocVPS Script
First you need to prepare a fresh VPS by Reinstall or Rebuild, using CentOS 6 or 7, 32bit or 64bit versions. You should use CentOS 7 64bit with PHP 7.1
Connect SSH using ZOC Terminal or Putty with
root account. If the root account does not have permissions, run the command
Run the following command to proceed with the installation:
curl -sO https://hocvps.com/install && bash install
Prepare the installation process
In this step you need to select:
- PHP version to use: should use PHP 7.1, performance is three times more than the old version 5.6.
- The main domain used with VPS, can enter there www or no www for the purpose of use, the script will automatically redirect for you.
- Port admin server management: a secret port (located in 2000 – 9999, changed after installation) used to:
- Access the administration link, which has the form: http // domain.com: port /
- Using phpMyAdmin, the link is: http://domain.com:port/phpmyadmin/
- File Manager Manager, link format: http://domain.com:port/filemanager/
- Monitor system status, link format: http://domain.com:port/serverinfo/
- Zend Opcache status monitor, link format: http://domain.com:port/op.php
Then, let the script automatically perform the installation, it may take 3-5 minutes depending on the configuration and network of VPS / Server.
Finally, if there is no problem, you will receive a successful installation message and VPS management information as shown below. At the same time, this information will also be saved in the
/root/hocvps-script.txt file for you to review later.
So the server is ready for you to use it.
2. Use HocVPS Script
The hocvps menu is used via the
hocvps command on the SSH terminal.
Once you have installed HocVPS Script, you can use sFTP to manage the file, upload the code to
/home/domain.com/public_html/ and point the domain to the IP VPS and start using.
Note: After uploading source to web directory, you use hocvps menu 14 Rights to Webserver to Nginx read the website content.
If you want to connect to SSH you should use port 2222.
In the process of using, in any function you can also press Ctrl + C will exit the script immediately.
I always put security issues and simplicity on the top so from HocVPS version v1.6 version will add a layer of security when accessing the link containing the port. You can change this password for easier remember when accessing the admin http://domain.com:port/.
The default username for all tools is admin, the password is automatically generated after the server is installed. If you enter the wrong information more than 3 times, the IP will automatically block in 1h. Add more time according to this guide.